Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Portland Fashion Week Saturday Night

I must say, after Friday night's festivities, we were all a little haggard by the time we had to start getting ready for Saturday's show.  But push through we did.  Unfortunately, as I was looking for a parking spot, I drove over the old train tracks wrong and destroyed my front tire.  The show must go on, though, so I left my car on the side of the road to be dealt with the next day.  Once I got a little Rockstar pumping through my veins, all was forgotten other than the ensuing fashion.

Mayor Tom Potter introduced the evening which kicked off with Safrona Classics.  A very retro line complete with white bobbed wigs and patent platform boots.  The thing I noticed was that the dresses didn't appear to have been steamed.  Not sure if it was the fabric, or lack of time.  Collier's line improved as it went with some polished men's looks.  Unfortunately, I had to delete most of the pictures from his line because my card was full and I needed to delete some looks in order to save room for Chris' line.  Seattle's Lizzie Parker showcased loose, flowing jersey silhouettes in white, raspberry.  Think 'I Dream of Jeannie' pants paired with off-the-shoulder blouses.  Lucia flaunted endless dresses in large floral prints.  Nothing I was super excited about, but simple lines and could be a Spring staple for some.  

The main event was Chris' line, Christopher Bevans.  His adorable, 'mini me' daughter, Corina sat quietly next to us through the entire show decked out in her finest leopard print.  She watched enthralled as her dad's luxe designs paraded in front of her.  His leather jackets were phenomenal and I want the white one!  Beautifully tailored suits, bright lounge wear, and bold graphic hoodies and sweaters led to the Bond, James Bond tuxedo.  A tasteful mix of casual, formal, classic and modern.  I would say, it was a huge success and the best line that showed.  I still think Errol should have jumped on the runway with his kilt straight from Tokyo!!!

Everyone headed to the new Foxy at Fox Tower.  Megan met up with us after an engagement party and revealed that we were both wearing the same skirt we had bought together in New York.  Oops!!  We had to wait for Rob to let us upstairs since we had neglected to bring our VIP tickets with us.  Once upstairs, there was blaring music once again.  So, to the cash bar I went to try to muster up some energy.  We wanted to dance, but the music was not enticing us.  We stayed for a while mingling and taking pictures before finally heading home around 2.  

It was a successful fashion week, from my point of view.  It was nice to not be working and be able to watch all the shows from the front row!  I must say, I'm a little exhausted, but well worth it.  Until next season!


 

No comments: