Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy Weekend


I had a crazy busy weekend balancing work and social events once again.  Friday night was supposed to be a mellow girls' night.  Jen was an excellent host and had appetizers and drinks for us.  Rather than going to bed early, I ended up having too much fun chatting with the girls.  I woke up at 6:30 on Saturday to get to the hotel where my bridal party was getting ready.  I had Heather act as my assistant since I had 8 girls to finish in 3 1/2 hours.  Everything went smoothly for the most part.  I actually went to junior high with the bride and all of the girls were really nice and fun. 

After catching my brother's soccer game, I went to a fundraiser for a wonderful program called SEI which services at risk youth in North and Northeast Portland.  I was so impressed with the facility and the program, which I had never heard of before.  We had a nice time getting dressed up, learning about the organization, watching the students perform, and attending the auction.  

I was a little sleepy on Sunday morning knowing I had to be on location at my dad's house for a shoot at 2:30.  I met Ben, the photographer; Kent and Shelby, his right and left hand guys; and Rocky, Cupid and Rachelle, the models, at the house.  Still trying to nail down a story line, we got them into makeup and and wardrobe.  Since the boys were quick, I did their makeup first and Ben shot some individual stuff with them.  The boys looked quite dapper.  Rocky was wearing the Christopher Bevans tuxedo that he wore on the runway at PFW.  Cupid had a black suit on, and Rachelle put on her "Sex and the City" heels with a black strapless dress.

Ben shot some nice stuff of them in front of a large graphic black and white painting in the dining room, then we shot out on the front porch before moving down to the driveway to shoot them in Gemo's car.  In between shots, the guys checked football scores with my dad in the living room.  Lastly, we switched things up a bit and took off some clothes to shoot in the kitchen.  I'm hoping we got some pics that are a little more editorial.  I think we did.  My favorite shot of the day catches Shelby looking through the window at Rocky.  Can you say creepy stalker?!!!!!


No comments: